The role will entail running pension audits for a variety of clients.
Essential Job Functions
For a range of pension clients:
- Carry out audits using a bespoke risk based audit approach
- Act as the senior on audits reporting directly to manager. The individual will be responsible for the planning of the audit file right through to the completion sections including drafting the financial statements, the management letter and the letter of representation
- Supervise and effectively delegate work to less experienced members of the audit team
- Appraise other members of the team following completion of the jobs worked on
- Perform ‘accounts preparation’ jobs either from the client’s trial balance or from their original accounting records
- An average of 4 to 6 weeks per year will be spent on ‘away jobs’
Worked Based Competencies
- ACA or ACCA qualified
- Proficient in using Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook
- Experience of an electronic audit programme
- Experience of CaseWare and Sage would be an advantage
- Experience in the audit and accounts preparation of occupational pension schemes;
- Good report writing skills
- Knowledge of pension scheme administration or regulatory environment would be an advantage.
You will have had experience of leading audits from the planning stage right through to the completion stage including supervision of staff within your audit team.
You will be familiar with and have an awareness of the laws and regulations that apply to accounting and audit and are required to ensure compliance. You will need to be client facing, show willingness to work as part of a team and be able to meet deadlines.Apply Now Download Details Top