Assistant Managers are responsible for looking after a portfolio of clients assisting them with a wide range of employment tax related issues.
- Understand and working within the firm’s procedures with minimal supervision. Ensure that all work is produced in accordance with the firm’s standards, policies and procedures.
- Provide an efficient and proactive service to clients and ensure that the clients’ needs are fully met.
- Produce work of the required standard in a timely and effective manner for the Senior Manager/Partner/Director review.
- Be able to research technical issues and be able to demonstrate a good working knowledge of the legislation.
- Undertake client projects within agreed timescales and to budget.
- Look after a portfolio of clients including billing management.
- Able to resolve client issues with assistance on technical matters.
- Assist other departments with Employment Tax related queries, as and when required.
- Supporting the Senior Management of the firm to deliver a strong Employment Taxes offering.
- Performance objectives and targets are set annually and an assistant Manager will play a key role in the achieving the objectives set.
- Personal development and support with technical and soft skills training will be provided.
- Preferably ATT qualified or with equivalent level of proven experience.
- Support for CTA will be available and is encouraged, if not already attained.
- The candidate will have a minimum of three years employment taxes experience.
- Experience of managing client relationships and able to resolve client issues with assistance on technical issues.
- Possess a good working knowledge of the legislation and HM Revenue & Customs guidance.
The candidate should have experience dealing with the following issues:
- Employer compliance reviews.
- Due diligence assignments.
- P11D Compliance work.
- PAYE Settlement Agreements.
- Termination payment.
- Employment status.
- Assisting with the preparation of client reports.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills at all levels, both verbally and in writing.
- Understanding the needs of the client.
- Act as client relationship manager on a portfolio of clients.
- Manage client billing.
- Ability to produce accurate and thorough work of a high standard.
- Effective time and project management skills.
- Ability to use own initiative and in order to resolve issues.
- Capable of working effectively within a team environment.
- Good IT and communication skills.
- Commitment to personal development.
- Helping to promote and develop new initiatives in a positive manner.