The key aspect of the role will be to work closely with partners running a busy portfolio working with a range of clients within our charity sectors. This would be a mix of schools, religious orders, grant makers, service delivery charities and associations.
The jobs within the portfolio will involve a cross spectrum of the charitable and not-for-profit organisations ranging from small charities to large charities and associations. A sound knowledge of risk management, governance and internal control environments within charities is essential.
Responsibilities below are generalised and are no way exhaustive:
- Audit: statutory audit, planning, completion, attend/lead client meetings etc.
- Accounts preparation
- Provision of general business advice to clients
- Managing the overall service delivery to clients
- Support work for partners
- Other special projects, including internal audit
- Client billing and job recoverability
- Client and prospective client meetings
- Assist in supervising/managing the audit staff including appraisal process/mentor groups/retain etc.
- Assist where required in the general running of the audit department.
- The successful candidate will be able to multitask in terms of handling more than one client simultaneously, but ultimately have the technical and personal skills to service the portfolio of clients efficiently and effectively
- Excellent communication skills and be confident, articulate and able to communicate at all levels externally and internally
- Ability to produce high quality business style reports for non-executive committees
- Presentation skills for both tendering for new work and presenting at seminars on charity specific topics
- A team player with the ability to prioritise work and work to tight deadlines
- Strong organisational skills
Work based competencies
- Qualified Accountant
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office packages including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Internet
- Caseware (useful)
- Working knowledge of Tax
Apply Now Download Details Top