You will be a member of a growing corporation tax specialist team focusing on providing pro-active corporation tax services to a wide range of clients operating in a variety of industry sectors, including owner managed businesses. You will need to be client facing, show willingness to work as part of a team and be able to meet deadlines.
Essential Job Functions
Duties and responsibilities would include the following:
- Corporation tax compliance work on a portfolio of clients including both standalone companies and groups
- Liaising with HMRC on queries into tax returns
- Basic introduction to tax advisory work, under the supervision of managers, to partners and clients including
- research and development tax relief
- group tax planning
- venture capital tax reliefs
- share schemes and valuations
- Preparation of the tax sections of due diligence reports
- Completion of EMI and EIS/SEIS documentation
- Assisting managers with billing and managing work in progress on portfolio of clients
Work Based Competencies
- Qualified/Part Qualified Chartered Accountant (ACA/CA or equivalent), either working in a corporation tax role or with exposure to Corporation tax in a general practice role. Alternatively, the candidate can have relevant corporation tax experience qualified at least to ATT level.
- Has previously managed a client portfolio would be preferred but not essential
- Good Microsoft skills, outlook, excel, word
- Knowledge of Alphatax preferred but not essential
- Self-motivated individual.
- Able to deliver work to a high standard and meet internal and external deadlines.
- Displays good organisational and time management skills and the ability to run and manage a client portfolio.
- Able to demonstrate good client focused skills, the ability to work unsupervised within a team environment and can influence and negotiate.
- Good communication skills essential, being able to communicate with all levels externally and internally.
- Aware of own personal development and contributes towards it. Training and study support will be available where applicable
Download Details Top