You will be a member of a growing business tax team focusing on providing pro-active corporate tax services to a wide range of clients in the not-for-profit and charity sector. You will need to be client facing, show willingness to work as part of a team and be able to meet deadlines. The role will encompass a mix of both tax compliance and tax advisory work providing a broad and varied role.
Ideally you will be part or newly ACA/CTA qualified, or with relevant experience working in a tax focused role.
Essential Job Functions
Duties and responsibilities would include the following:
- Corporation tax compliance work on a portfolio of clients including charities, trading subsidiaries and other not-for-profit entities under the supervision of managers.
- Tax advisory work to clients (externally and internally) under the supervision of managers and directors, on a range of issues and planning opportunities, including:
-gift aid relief
-theatre tax relief / museum and galleries exhibition tax relief
-charitable corporate tax exemptions
-property and other transactions
-structuring of trading and other potentially taxable income streams.
- Technical research into a variety of tax issues.
- Liaising with HMRC on enquiries into tax returns.
- Monitoring WIP and liaising with managers/directors on client billing.
- Full training and support will be provided on all aspects of the role including the preparation of corporation tax computations on alphatax, tax advisory work, letter and report writing and managing a portfolio of clients.
- Optional – support in studying for CTA qualification.
Work Based Competencies
- Have good Microsoft skills; Outlook, Excel and Word.
- Alphatax experience also preferable.
- Some involvement with charities and /or the not for profit sector or a desire to work in this area.
- Self-motivated individual.
- Able to deliver work to a high standard and meet internal and external deadlines.
- Displays good organisational skills and the ability to run and manage a client portfolio.
- Able to demonstrate good client focused skills, the ability to work unsupervised within a team environment and can influence and negotiate.
- Excellent communication skills essential, being able to communicate with all levels externally and internally.