Kathryn has over 20 years of experience assisting owner managed businesses, UK subsidiaries of international groups and inward investment businesses. Her approach to working with people is collaborative and she takes a keen interest in what business people do and why they do it. She is acknowledged by her clients for being highly responsive in providing services to match their needs.
Her specialist skills are in outsourcing, online accounting, project management, strategic advice and financial reporting. She also heads our Outsourced Accountancy Services department.
Kathryn believes that all businesses, regardless of size, should have access to accurate, useful and timely financial information and is interested in using technology to automate accounting processes to deliver this financial information as efficiently as possible. She considers that the delivery of this information is just the start of our service to clients.
She also recognises that technology now allows greater collaboration with clients; flexibility in terms of who does what and the opportunity to provide timely advice to help clients succeed.
The following are examples of outsourcing services and project management assignments that Kathryn has successfully delivered:
- Accounting records and monthly/quarterly management accounts
- Dashboard reporting, including key performance indicators
- Treasury services
- Statutory financial statements and supporting working paper files for audit, where relevant
- Co-ordination of the audit process where a Big 4 Firm is engaged by the client locally
- Preparation of the financial statements of a group of over 50 companies (including consolidated accounts), for audit by a Big 4 Firm
- Project management of secondments of staff to FTSE 100 companies
Kathryn's strategic advice includes:
- Consultancy assignments to review systems, processes, efficiency gains, resourcing, profitability levels, potential acquisitions, business planning, and succession issues
- Business modelling and forecasting
- Acting as a sounding board for clients on commercial issues
- Co-ordinating the provision of tax planning and advice for her clients
Kathryn has been a registered Auditor for over 15 years. Her experience encompasses UK GAAP and IFRS financial reporting. She also has great experience in the following sectors: creative, media and technology, including retail; Information Technology; PR and creative agencies; property (including property investment and development); hospitality and professional services.