"I have always found them to be extremely professional, knowledgeable, helpful and efficient in every aspect of the service they provide."
Simon Prideaux, Managing Director, VQ Limited.
The hospitality sector has always been intensely competitive and fast moving. However, increasing costs and pressures on consumer spending are adding to today's challenges. That’s why it’s vital to have specialist advisers who understand the specific issues you face and can help you become more profitable.
Our clients include hotels, restaurants, pubs, bars and leisure companies and range from family-run businesses to franchises and international hotel groups. We’ve become trusted business advisers to many of them and they often turn to us to solve problems and discuss ideas.
How we can help you
We can help you avoid any pitfalls, exploit opportunities and improve your commercial success. As specialists in your field, we’ll give you the most relevant, up to date advice and always be available to answer your questions.
Restaurants, Bars & Pubs
In addition to our services listed below, we can help you maximise cash flow, improve profit margins, advise on PAYE and make sure you comply with the latest minimum wage and Tronc regulations.
We have recently:
- Advised a client on setting up a new restaurant concept and produced detailed cash flow projections.
- Developed a corporate structure for a new club that allowed them to raise funds under both SEIS and EIS and maximised shareholder value in a tax efficient way.
- Set up an EMI scheme for a leading pub group.
In addition to the services listed below, we can help you improve margins and cash flow, structure property investments to minimise tax and maximise allowances, and identify inefficiencies in your business.
We have recently:
- Helped a US and UK hotel group reduce their worldwide tax liability.
- Performed due diligence on the purchase of 50% of the Hilton Wembley by Oaktree Capital Management from Quintain Estates.
- Saved a mid-size hotel group tax costs on the purchase of a property and maximised the capital allowances on refurbishment.
We can support you on almost everything from stocktaking to tax and franchise advice. Just choose the services you need:
- Accountancy and audit services
- Due diligence
- Employment - including staff remuneration and minimum wage legislation
- Corporate finance – raising finance, sales and acquisitions
- Corporation tax, VAT and PAYE
- Business support – such as payroll and accounting services to allow you to focus on running and growing your business
Our sector expertise
We are business partners with Propel, the hospitality and leisure PR consultancy, and support them with events, articles, briefings and seminars including launching the sector's most comprehensive benchmarking survey.
What our clients say about us
“I have run my own business since 1985. Over that period my businesses have slowly grown to around £15m gross sales and I have had several different accountants. I can say without any hesitation that the best experience we have ever had with an auditor on every level has been with haysmacintyre. I cannot recommend them enough.”
Ranald Macdonald, Managing Director, Boisdale Group.
“Andrew Ball has provided the most incredible service for me, regularly going the extra mile, and often out of hours, to produce first class results with extraordinary speed and efficiency.
I would have absolutely no doubt whatsoever in recommending him and haysmacintyre to anyone.“
Rob McGill, Royal Oak, Yattendon.
“haysmacintyre provide us with support across a range of services with professionalism and seamless delivery. They have a strong understanding of our business needs which is extremely important. We were particularly impressed with the team’s sector knowledge and commercial perspective which has encouraged us to use them as a sounding board for ideas when making key business decisions.”
Simon Blakeborough, Roquebrook.