The role of Company Secretary has become increasingly demanding as compliance grows more complex. Yet it’s vital you meet all your statutory obligations accurately and on time to avoid the risk of penalties and prosecution.
How we can help you
We can carry out your statutory tasks and ensure you operate within the law. As qualified, experienced professionals we can help you with any compliance and governance work from assisting with board and shareholder meetings to preparing the paperwork for changes in officers and members. Delegating this work to us frees up your time to focus on your core business, secure in the knowledge you are compliant.
What you can expect from us
Every business is unique, so our personal, professional and proactive service is built around listening to you and getting to know your business. We’ll tailor our services to suit you; and make sure you have fast, easy access to the advice and information you need. Linn-Marita Ogden, manages our team and has extensive experience in providing advice on company law, statutory compliance and corporate governance for our clients in both business and not for profit sectors.
Cost-effective and reassuring
Our prices are transparent and very competitive and we’ll agree the charges with you upfront, so you won’t have any unexpected costs.
We tailor our services
You can combine any of our services to suit your needs. We use the industry-leading software, Blueprint from the ICSA to maintain and operate your statutory records.
- Incorporation of new companies
- Completion and filing of annual returns with Companies House
- Maintenance of statutory books and registers
- Change of directors and secretaries and their personal details
- Share issues and transfers
- Change of accounting reference date
- Registered office
- Meeting support
- Dormant accounts
- Dividend documentation
- Provision of meeting minutes and company resolutions to approve accounts and reappoint auditors
- Company strike offs and restorations
- Nominee director, secretary and shareholder facility
- Company searches
- Updating articles of association to comply with the Companies Act 2006
- Corporate restructurings
- Redemption / purchase of own shares and reduction of share capital
- Re-designation, subdivision and consolidation of shares
- Directors’ duties and responsibilities
- Corporate governance and best practice
- Offshore company support
- Registration of UK establishments of overseas companies
- Review of statutory records
- Company name changes
- Shareholder communications and queries
- General advice on company law
- Advice to charities and trustees
- Interim support
- Meeting support
- Attend your board and/or committee meetings and take the minutes to comply with statutory requirements
- Prepare the agenda, collate and distribute the board papers in print or digitally
- Advise on quorum requirements and ensure all meetings are compliant with the Companies Act and the company’s constitution
- Provide guidance and support for the chairman
- Create an annual board programme and meeting cycle to ensure all statutory and legal matters are covered
- Advise on corporate governance, regulatory requirements and best practice
- Provide tailored support for charitable companies
Governance and board effectiveness
We can provide general advice regarding corporate governance and board effectiveness.