Post Brexit trading for UK businesses
haysmacintyre’s VAT experts, Kamlesh Chauhan and Stephen Patey, teamed up with MSI Global Alliance members Cathal Cusack from Cusack Garvey and Peter Kranendonk from Ruitenburg Adviseurs & Accountants, to record two Q&A sessions on post Brexit trading for UK businesses. Focusing on both B2B and B2C, the session responded to a variety of questions including:
- What is the difference for UK businesses selling goods/services to EU businesses/consumers post Brexit?
- Are businesses required to pay import VAT and Customs Duty for goods sent to, and received, from the EU?
- What are the new rules being introduced for EU B2C sales from 1st of July?
- Is it worth setting up EU premises to distribute goods within the EU?
- Can businesses set up an Irish company and sell products through this company?
- What overseas EU VAT registration issues may arise?